Thursday, August 26, 2010

Yawn ( that has nothing to do with the book!)

 So last night I finished up If I Stay, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Although I don't know exactly why the cover says it "will appeal to fans of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight".  For the romance I'd assume, maybe it's just me but I automatically assume that means the book would be about vampires.

Anywho! I noticed this book was actually published some time last year and after looking on amazon I faintly remember debating if I should read this book or not.  Back then it had the old cover will the all blue background and the white tree with a flower on it.  That cover was pretty decent but the new reprint cover they are using now is what really caught my eye.  It's a beautiful cover, I absolutely love it.  I also think it represents the book a lot better don't you?  ;)

Moving on, as I said before I really enjoyed this book.  I loved Mia's point of view on everything, and the stories of her family life and her relationship with Adam all weaving together were magical.
Mia's story is heartbreaking, joyful, and entertaining all at once, and I'll admit that I shed a few tears.  Especially when Gramps talks to her in the hospital.  God that was painful, but I loved every minute of it.  I don't really know what else to say about this book except that if you haven't read it yet, well, YOU SHOULD!
I'll leave you with a quote that sums up the whole book and the choices Mia must make.  Not to mention, it's just a really good freakin quote!

                                               "I realize now that dying is easy. Living is hard."

No comments: