Saturday, December 18, 2010

I'm on Atari

Wow these last few weeks I have really been slacking on the blog posts!  I guess I have been more busy than I thought I would be.

Here's what I've been up to:

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
Hmm okay, this book was just okay for me.  I really could not like Scarlett.  She was absolutely one minded in the killing of the wolves.  So much so that she was mean to her sister when she didn't do what she wanted.  It was annoying.  I liked what she did with the spin on Little Red Riding Hood and the werewolf myths.
Oh, also I didn't really like the changing viewpoints because Rosie always had something different to say, while Scarlett just talked about how she wanted to hunt wolves.




The Dickens with Love by Josh Lanyon
Short story that was free on the Kindle.  A cute little Christmas story about a newly discovered Dickens novel and a newly discovered relationship.  I really liked Sedgwick Crisparkle and James Winter.













Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
This is the book I am currently reading.  OMG this sucker is HUGE!!
I think I've been reading it since Monday and I am only 200 pages in.  I think it's around 700. ugh.  Don't get me wrong, I really like it so far, although it was a bit tough to get into in the beginning because, the storytelling is done by Roger at first.  I have to say that as of right now, I really could care less about Roger.  I want to read about Jamie and Claire DAMMIT!!  Anywho, I got my wish  :D yay!  But I know the viewpoint is going to change again, but now that I've got my Jamie fix, I think I'll be okay to hear anyone else's view point.









That's it!  That's all I've got to sum up my week  :(

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Omg I love the Outlander Series! It's absolutely wonderful. Diana Gabaldon is a top notch writer--she really knows her stuff.


If only all men were as sweet as Jamie Fraser...*swoon*


I hope you enjoy it!

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

Oh I so get what you're saying about Sisters Red. I had the same problem with Scarlett and much preferred Rosie's character. Scarlett's obsession with hunting drove me utterly batty. Remember reading your review of the previous Gabaldon book - am curious to see what you think of this one!