Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stacia Kane

Dear Stacia Kane,

 Thank you for getting me out of my book slump. Chess Putnam and her druggie ways, and Terrible's ugly face put a smile on my face every time I think about them.  Their story got so under my skin, that at night, the characters would talk to me in my dreams, Seriously! They would not leave me alone until I had finished the third book City of Ghosts.

 I'll be honest, it was a little hard to get into your writing style at first, but halfway through Unholy Ghosts I didn't even notice it anymore.  I'm so glad to see you put Chess through everything you did.  She's addicted to drugs, but is a strong person besides that.  It's a very interesting character you've got there!

Ok and yeah, I'm a little nervous with what you will do in the fourth book with Chess and Terrible.  City of Ghosts just ended so wonderfully for me that it makes me anxious to see what you will throw at them, and how they will handle it.  But I know there is a lot more story to be told so I'm excited as well squeeee!!!

Much love,
  Straylights



5 comments:

a!k0 said...

LOL It's been awhile since I have characters haunt me in my sleep.The last one I think was one of VC Andrews character from the Heaven series and I read all 5 books in less than 2 days. Not much sleep there...so I think that's what made the characters haunt me :P

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

I've been dying to read this series for quite some time now. Your letter to Stacia Kane is only heightening the need to purchase this series. P.S. Yay for getting out of your book slump. It's quite possibly the worst feeling in the world to have, so glad you got sucked right back into it and with such a fabulous sounding series!

Angela said...

Okay. I usually agree with most everything you like, so I'm going to ask - I did not get the love for Unholy Ghosts...I've got a review on my blog. Had major issues with Chess, to be honest.

Should I continue on?

Straylights said...

Hey Angela :D
I read your review and, yeah Chess's drug problems do not get any better in the next two books. In fact, by the third book she's taking twice as many Cepts than in the first book. However you mentioned that you had wanted the reasons of why she was a drug user which you do get some insight into in the next two books. I would say that you should at least give book two a try but it is kind of the same set up as the first book. Chess has to work for Bump or else she gets no drugs, and Lex uses her for info etc etc
Her drug addiction gets her into a lot of problems, and you just kind of want to slap her :)

Hope that helps LOL!

Angela said...

Thanks Straylights! It does help. I think I'll give the second one a try, eventually anyways! :)

Angela