Monday, October 11, 2010

Icebox Where My Heart Use To Be

I'm back! T'was a great vacation but it feels wonderful to be back home to see my all my little baby kitties  :D  I am quite proud of myself that I didn't purchase any books whilst I was away.  There is no possible way I would have been able to fit anything else in my suitcase!

I read some really great news as well!  Jeaniene Frost plans to write a series just for VLAD! Only two books so far but that is good enough for me!  Oh and also push the Night Huntress Novels to 9 books instead of just 7 but ehhhh.....VLAD!!!! ( There is a lot of exclamation points in this post so far...(!!!!!!!!!!)  ) You can read more about it on her website   <---
When I read about this I squealed.  Yes I did, you can ask my husband.

Hmmmmm what else.....  oh yeah, I finished reading Clockwork Angel.  Gosh it seemed so familiar, like something I've read before......what was it???  AH yes I recall now.  It was City of Bones!  Will is practically a shoe-in for Jace.  I get they're relatives, but really?  They couldn't have slightly different personalities?
 What's that?
 No?
You're feeding off your wildly popular Mortal Instrument series and can't be bothered to come up with new character personalties?
 Oooh okay.



GAH!  Ok, what I just said seems pretty mean considering I actually did enjoy the plot for the most part.

OH wait, one more thing before I get to the positives.



















**Spoilers Ahead!!**



Ok so for those who have read this book please, oh please tell me you had the same problem with Tessa at the beginning as I did.  The Dark Sisters have her captive and tell her that if she doesn't do what they say , they will torture her brother.  So Tessa stays to keep her brother alive.  That makes sense, brotherly love and all that jazz.  But then, once Tessa has managed her shifting talent they tell Tessa that she's ready.  When Tessa asks what exactly it is that she is ready for, the Dark Sister reply that she is to be married.  Now Tessa has been with the Dark Sisters like what?  a month now? and had noooo problems being starved and harassed and such.  But mention the word marriage and THAT is what makes her want to escape?!  After all this time?!  Come on now Tessa, you had to have had some other better reason for wanting to escape then just not wanting to get married to a stranger!  FOOL!








**END SPOILERS!!**   You Can Look Now!




Back to the positives!  If I said I didn't like this book, I'd be lying.  I mean, it's not the best book I've ever read by any means.  It was basically a good book of fluff that I enjoyed, and while I'm not eagerly anticipating the next book in the series, I definitely do plan on reading it when it comes out.
Once again Clare's plots are ridiculously predictable but at least in these books (at least so far)  there isn't that creepy weird feeling ( you know what I mean to those who have read the Mortal Instruments series!!!) you get from reading it, so that's a plus HA!


I suppose that's it for now.  I'm off the watch The Princess Bride. I JUST finished the book on the plane ride home and I loved it!  well except for......nevermind, I'll tell you in my next post.

Toodles!

No comments: